Author Topic: Instant messenger disabled... at least for now.  (Read 8073 times)

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • Blame Ziggy
Instant messenger disabled... at least for now.
« on: December 12/05/21, 2021, 03:01:51 PM »
Due to the increased security on the website, the instant messenger modification is making the website crash. It's a temporary crash, and the website comes back after just a minute or 2, but the problem is that no matter who is using the mod, it crashed the whole website for everyone online. When the website clears the security cache, it logs everyone out.

Until I get it fixed, it will be disabled. Due to enhanced security, it may never be available again. But there are other options to contact other members! You can still send them messages via the inbox.

Sorry for the inconvenience. But security comes first! Functionally is important as well. And since the instant messenger is causing the website to have a temporary crash, it's better to just get rid of it for nw. We will work on it to see if we can make it work properly with the security features in place, but there are no guarantees.

There may be other options for different instant messengers, such as third party ones, but we really need to be careful using any of those. We need to make sure they are secure, reliable, and safe for everyone to use. We certainly don't want to jeopardize anyone's personal information to a third party modification, so we need to make sure we are getting a good one... if we do get a new one.

Anyway, that's the announcement. The instant messenger is disabled for now, at least. I will post updates as I get them.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted agree:
RavingNoah,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hi. I'm Ziggy, the owner and operator of BlameZiggy.com. I have had a very interesting life, most of which you will be able to read about on this site. I am an Air Force veteran, which is one reason I have decided to donate 25% of ALL proceeds generated by this site to various Veteran Charities.