Author Topic: Premium Membership Subscription Announcement  (Read 6880 times)

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • Blame Ziggy
Premium Membership Subscription Announcement
« on: October 10/27/22, 2022, 05:32:44 PM »
Alright. So there was a mandatory update to the servers, put there by the server owners that I lease my servers from themselves. This added a bunch of security features to PHP platforms. First off, have no fear... nobody's account was affected in the least. The updates had nothing to do with the account databases or anything tied into this site.
However, due to these server updates, some of my code for the website no longer work properly. One of these things is the way Premium Membership subscriptions are handled. Before the update, once you purchased a Premium Membership, paid for it via PayPal, and returned to the site, your account was automatically updated with your subscription tier. Now, though, I have to manually do it for you. So if you decide you would like to purchase a Premium Membership, click the "Premium Memberships" link at the top of the site, choose your tier, and head on over to PayPal to complete your transaction. Once you have done this, you can either message me here on the website (I think I have the permissions set right for that, anyhow), or if you can't get that to work, head on over to my Facebook page and message me there that you have purchased and paid for your Premium Membership and I will come onto the site and manually change your status for you so that you will have access to all of the things thar you are supposed to get with whichever tier you went with.
I have the PayPal app on my phones, as does my wife, so its likely that at least one of us will see the transaction, and I will go onto the site as soon as I can in order to set up your account properly for you. But you should still message me in one way or another as soon as you pay for your membership so that you know that I am aware that you subscribed and I can change it as soon as possible.
I will set your subscription to expire at the end of the time frame you chose, right down to the minute, from when I manually grant it to you.
I will be working on seeing if I can find a workaround for this so that the site will automatically grant the subscription for you, but that's sort of on the back burner for the moment, since I can just do it manually. I have a few other, more important bugs to work out before I tackle that particular one.
I also don't know if the site will automatically renew your subscription should you set it to auto-renew. So if you have it set to auto-renew, and it the site doesn't update your account after the next payment, message me so I can repair that for you.
Cool? Cool.

~Ziggy
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Barrels_Bounty,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hi. I'm Ziggy, the owner and operator of BlameZiggy.com. I have had a very interesting life, most of which you will be able to read about on this site. I am an Air Force veteran, which is one reason I have decided to donate 25% of ALL proceeds generated by this site to various Veteran Charities.