Author Topic: How easy is it to divide a community? Here's something to think about.  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • Blame Ziggy
How easy is it to divide a community? Here's something to think about.
« on: November 11/26/22, 2022, 07:27:39 AM »
This is a story about how easy it is to divide a community.
An elementary class was learning about the Salem Witch Trials, and their teacher told them they were going to play a game.
The teacher told the class, “I’m going to come around and whisper to each of you whether you’re a witch or a regular person. Your goal is to build the largest group possible that does NOT have a witch in it. At the end, any group found to include a witch gets a failing grade.”
The kids dove into grilling each other. One fairly large group formed, but most of the students broke into small, exclusive groups, turning away anyone they thought gave off even a hint of guilt.
“Okay,” the teacher said. “You’ve got your groups. Time to find out which ones fail. All witches, please raise your hands.”
No one raised a hand.
The kids were confused and told the teacher he’d messed up the game. “Did I? Was anyone in Salem an actual witch? Or did everyone just believe what they’d been told?”
And that is how you teach kids how easy it is to divide a community.
Shunning, scapegoating and dividing destroys far more than they protect. There’s plenty of it going around. Do not allow the political elite to divide and destroy us. We must remain united against those who would do so.
See how easy it is to divide a community by doing nothing more than making something up that doesn’t even exist?
Now, take that to the next level. Throw some “real” issues in the mix. Our government is throwing so many different principles out there that are guaranteed to divide the people. Republican vs democrat. Vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Open borders vs closed borders. Sending our military to foreign countries to help vs not doing so. Pro-life vs pro-choice. Keeping the second amendment vs abolishing it. Allowing parents to discipline their kids with spanking vs not allowing “corporal punishment.” Biden supporters vs Trump supporters. For the death penalty vs against it. For gay marriage vs against it. Mandatory masks vs anti-mask. Global warming is true vs fake. For the legalization of marijuana vs against it. For the electoral college vs against it. The list goes on and on and on.
Think about this: thats only 14 topics. The factorial of 14 is 87,178,291,200… more than 10 times the population of the entire planet. This means that if you asked everyone on the planet their opinion on the above topics, there are enough possible combinations for everyone to have a different collection of opinions… more than 10 times over! Holy shit, huh? And that’s JUST 14 topics.
Now imagine if we bring 20 arguments in. The factorial for that is 2,432,902,008,176,640,000. Do you have any idea how easy it is to create an argument between people by bringing up 20 fucking topics? All you have to do is find ONE that they don’t agree on. ONE!!!!!! And just like that, you divided those people.
And here we all sit… letting the government do it to us. There’s a reason why they do it. So they can divide the people, cause them to fight amongst each other, and weaken them.
Ever heard the phrase “divide and conquer”? Because that’s EXACTLY what our government is doing to us. What if the government decided to become completely insane and start attacking the public? How many people would stand together? How many people would watch their neighbor being attacked, and rather than helping them, they sit back and go “fuck those guys… they think gay marriage is ok”. Or “fuck those guys… they think it’s OK to kill babies”.  Or “fuck those guys… they’re not Christian”.
I can tell you one thing… should our government go and do a full on attack, we’re all fucked. We’re already so divided that it’s beyond ridiculous, and it gets worse by the day. Literally.
I mean. Seriously… only half of the people are going to agree with my rant. Half will. See how I just divided an entire community with only one topic? Now watch this: the Minnesota Vikings suck ass. Game of Thrones is the worst show on TV. Kids should never be allowed to watch tv.
Wow… now you guys are REALLY divided, and I didn’t even bring up anything important.
Oh yea… and you fucking burger flippers can stop striking for $15/ hour now. Want better pay? Learn a trade that takes more than an I.Q. of 45. Anyone can lift the fries out of a fryer when the built-in timer tells you to. Well, everyone SHOULD be able to. Yet somehow, people still fuck that up. And how goddamn hard is it to NOT put ketchup on a fucking cheeseburger when someone requests it? Yea… when your retarded ass can’t even do a simple task like that, you absolutely don’t deserve $15/ hour. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Minimum pay for minimum skills.
And for the love of fucking god, people, stop texting and reading Facebook posts while you’re flying down the road at 75 MPH in your 2-ton death machine. Your friend telling you what they had for lunch isn’t as important as that family’s lives that you’re about to cause a head-on collision with and cancel their life subscriptions.
One last thing. Do you lazy fucking assholes think you could take the literal 20 seconds and walk 30 feet to put your goddamn shopping carts away???? Just because you don’t care if you get scratches on your piece of shit vehicle when a cart gets blown into it doesn’t mean that someone who saved up for 5 years to buy a $30,000 car doesn’t care about theirs.
And just for fun, I will now force you to do something, and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it.……. Blink manually.
In closing, if we have any chance for survival, people are just gonna have to learn how to agree to disagree and move on rather than letting whatever the topic is make enemies out of each other.
And there you have it folks, another rant by a very exhausted high functioning autistic brain. And now since I haven’t slept in more then 72 hours, I am going to go get some sleep.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hi. I'm Ziggy, the owner and operator of BlameZiggy.com. I have had a very interesting life, most of which you will be able to read about on this site. I am an Air Force veteran, which is one reason I have decided to donate 25% of ALL proceeds generated by this site to various Veteran Charities.