Author Topic: Chat room added!  (Read 449 times)

Offline Ziggy

Chat room added!
« on: December 12/06/21, 2021, 05:08:03 PM »
 As a registered user, you might notice a chat room located at the top of the site now. Everyone can read what is posted in the chat room, but only Premium Members (of any level, including Copper), can post messages.

This is till in beta mode, and will only remain if it doesn't cause any issues on the site or between members. If anyone experiences any issues, please let me know and I will see if I can get them fixed. If not, then we will say good-bye to the chat room and start over with something new.

If for some reason you are not allowed to post in the chat room once you have signed up for a Premium Membership, let me know and I will see what the issue is.

The chat room refreshes every second. So it shouldn't take any longer than that for you message to be seen or to see someone else's message.

Only the past 1000 messages are saved in the chat room, but those messages SHOULD still be there if you log out and log back in. So it doesn't reset when you log out. Only when messages are no longer within the last 1000 messages posted will they disappear... hopefully.

For some reason, chat rooms have been throwing security issues lately, but so far this one seems to be doing alright, so, you know... fingers crossed!

Any updates to the chat room will be posted as a reply to this post.

Cheers!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hi. I'm Ziggy, the owner and operator of BlameZiggy.com. I have had a very interesting life, most of which you will be able to read about on this site. I am an Air Force veteran, which is one reason I have decided to donate 25% of ALL proceeds generated by this site to various Veteran Charities.

Offline Ziggy

Chat room added!
« Reply #1 on: December 12/06/21, 2021, 05:14:28 PM »
 Whelp, that lasted all of about 20 minutes. Apparently the servers think that the chat room poses a security risk. It doesn't, but the servers think it does. Apparently it thinks that its a DDoS attack. Mmhmm.... because 1 person requesting the page once a second is a DDoS attack.

Sometimes these new servers are more trouble than they are worth. Bastards.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hi. I'm Ziggy, the owner and operator of BlameZiggy.com. I have had a very interesting life, most of which you will be able to read about on this site. I am an Air Force veteran, which is one reason I have decided to donate 25% of ALL proceeds generated by this site to various Veteran Charities.